Monday, January 11, 2010

When Science Blasphemes Less Than Religion

I've come across a terrific video. But before I post it, I thought of this as-terrific quote. How are we doing Christians?
"I do see the design of the universe as essentially a religious question. That is, one should have some kind of respect and awe for the whole business. It's very magnificent and shouldn't be taken for granted. In fact, I believe that is why Einstein had so little use for organized religion, although he strikes me as a basically very religious man. He must have looked at what the preachers said about God and felt that they were blaspheming. He had seen much more majesty than they had ever imagined, and they were just not talking about the real thing. My guess is that he simply felt that religions he had run across did not have a proper respect for the Author of the universe."
Charles Misner, General relativity theory scientist (as quoted in Let the Nation Be Glad and in this sermon on the Supremacy of God)


Here's the video that brings us from planet Earth, across the entire known Universe and beyond.




No comments: