Tuesday, January 6, 2009

OK, So I Didn't Join the French Army

My day in the army is over and I am glad. The food was OK (but then who am I to say, I've done 3 years of Doulos-time), but the dining hall was cold. Really COLD. It snowed all of Monday. I hope it sticks around for a while. I've been asking God to make it fall thick and that the weather would stay cold. I love snow and walking in snow is among the nicest things ever, just as long as you don't actually have to be somewhere.
After countless videos all promoting the army, but not as propagandic as the American "Army of One" campaign (nor as slick), I finally decided to stay put and stay on the Jesus team. As the now corny joke goes, "God's retirement plan is out of this world." I really love Jesus. I'm going to go read my Bible now and just talk to Jesus.

No comments: